A little progress each day adds up the big results
With the new year, we all make goals for ourselves to accomplish by the end of the year. One goal specifically is getting into shape or losing unwanted pounds. The only thing is trying to cram workouts in between our busy schedules. There is so much to choose from but, we want something that is going to be effective. Something that lets us see results. In this blog, I want to share some quick workouts that can be done in a short time but can burn fat and calories. Remember that it’s not only about working out but we have to keep our bodies fed with healthy foods and lots of water to stay hydrated. That is key in getting the full results. Below I will list each workout and will attach a video on how to perform each one. I hope you all have fun doing them and can’t wait to hear your comments on how they went. Thank you for looking!!!
1) 25 JUMPING JACKS- Stand up straight with your legs together, arms at your sides with your shoulders relaxed. Bend your knees slightly, and raise your arms into the air. As you jump, bring your arms up over your head and clap. Then you jump right back into the straight position. Repeat 25 times. https://youtu.be/UpH7rm0cYbM
2) 10 SQUATS- Stand up straight and have your heels about shoulder length apart. Turn your feet slighting out about a 30-degree angle. Slowing go down with your chest slightly forward as if you were going sit down on a chair. Then back to a standing position. Repeat 10 times. https://youtu.be/UXJrBgI2RxA
3) 1 MINUTE WALL SIT- Place your back against a flat wall. Make sure your legs are about shoulder width apart. Come down into a sitting position, making sure that your legs are on a 90-degree angle. It’s going to look like a chair position. Then hold for 1 minute. https://youtu.be/XULOKw4E4P4
4) 30 MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS- Go down to the floor in a push-up or plank position, make sure that your back is nice and straight. Then you are going to bring in your left knee towards your chest, then back to the plank position. You will do the same with the left knee bringing it into your chest and then back again. You can move faster as you learn how to do this exercise. Repeat 30 times. https://youtu.be/nmwgirgXLYM
5) 5 KNEE PUSH-UPS- Get down into a push-up position and bring your knees down to the ground. Your arms should be slightly past your shoulders. Then come down to the ground and push up with your hands to come up again, making sure that your butt does not go back towards your knees. Repeat 5 times.https://youtu.be/pUJnPMjYLxU
Alright everyone, Make sure you set your timer for 10 minutes and try to do as much of these exercises as you can. Remember to stay hydrated and that it’s ok to take a break until you get the hang of things. It’s going to be hard at times but the results will speak for themselves. Please comment and let me know how everyone is doing with their workout. We all need some motivation to encourage us to keep going. Overall, just have fun!!! Blast your favorite workout music and get your heart pumping. You got this!!